USA: Chinese Government Explores Textile eCommerce Solutions
Tian Kai Wang, China's vice minister of the State Textile Industry Administration and his delegation are tasked with implementing e-commerce for the Chinese textile industry. The Textile Industry Administration maintains a database of more than 100,000 Chinese manufacturers seeking to market their wares to US retailers.
During the discussions, the Chinese delegation examined the Buylink community, services and business-to-business technology, laying the groundwork for a mutually beneficial partnership. In the coming months Buylink executives will travel to Beijing at the request of the Chinese delegation to continue partnership discussions.
The Textile Industry Administration is charged with ensuring the technological progress of the industry and providing key information to decision-making bodies in the Chinese government. Its services include the implementation of hardware and software systems for the textile industry, development of new textile products, market research and analysis, industry reports on emerging market trends and aid in exporting Chinese products.
"Our vision for Buylink is global because we know that the fragmentation of the retail industry exists worldwide - not just in the US. An online exchange where vendors and retailers can find each other and do business in an easy and cost-effective way is a model that makes sense no matter where you live," commented Brian Dunning, Buylink's chief technology officer and company co-founder. "There are hundreds of thousands of manufacturers in China who want to sell their products to US retailers and US retailers are looking for an easy way to access these products. It's a perfect match."
Buylink Corporation is an online marketplace that brings thousands of manufacturers of specialty merchandise together with merchants and sales representatives from around the globe. The company provides a nexus for the specialty consumer goods industry by linking vendors with retailers. Buylink brings fresh, vendor-updated product lines to merchants that need the latest products quickly. For vendors, Buylink allows overnight exposure to thousands of active retailer accounts for a zero customer acquisition cost. Premiere venture capital firm Hummer Winblad Venture Partners is the lead investor in the company. For more information, visit www.buylink.com.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack