US: Christopher & Banks appoints Derry as merchandise head
US women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former National Stores executive, Lynn Derry, as its senior vice president, general merchandise manager.
Derry took up the role this week and brings around 30 years of senior leadership experience in retail merchandising to the company.
Most recently she served as SVP, general merchandise manager at National Stores, a chain of retail clothing stores. Prior to this she has held general merchandise manager positions at Sears Canada, Dollar General, Charming Shoppes, and Bon-Ton Stores,
CEO LuAnn Via, said: "We are delighted and fortunate to have a merchant of Lynn's caliber. She understands the CBK customer, our brand and values, and will lead a team of talented merchants. Her extensive background in apparel and accessories will serve us well as we execute on our three-year growth plan."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Christopher & Banks has defended itself against claims by investor Macellum Advisors that certain board members are involved in potential "wrongdoing, mismanagement and breaches of fiduciary duties"....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts