USA: Christopher & Banks Enjoys Monthly Sales Surge
The Minneapolis-based operator of nearly 440 stores said in a statement total sales for the four weeks to December 28 soared 20 per cent year-on-year to $47.8 million and added 10-month sales jumped 25 per cent to $291.2m from $232.9m.
The company said it sees profit in the quarter ending March 1 to increase to 43 cents a share as it sold more holiday goods, improved inventory control and avoided price cuts.
Chairman and CEO, Bill Prange, stated: "While we expect the retail environment will remain difficult, given the current trends we are comfortable that we will meet the current fourth-quarter consensus earnings estimate of 43 cents per diluted share."
Companies: Christopher & Banks Corp
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
As a result of strong February merchandise margins, Christopher & Banks Corporation is increasing its earnings estimates for its fiscal fourth quarter....
Ladies' wear retailer Christopher & Banks has reported a 14% leap in third-quarter profit, boosted by increased margins and reduced inventories....
Women's specialty retailer Christopher & Banks has announced a set of management changes and promotions....
Women's clothing retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation has extended the contracts of two outgoing executives....
Women's clothing retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation yesterday posted a 3.6 per cent increase in second quarter profit on improved merchandise margins....
Women's clothing retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation has reported "softer-than-expected" first-quarter earnings, despite increases in net sales and same-store sales....
Women's specialty retailer Christopher & Banks Corp has reported a 54 per cent slump in fourth-quarter profit after being forced to make big markdowns....
Women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation has appointed Matthew Dillon to the newly created position of executive vice president and chief merchandising officer, and announced same-stor...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective