US: Christopher & Banks extends interim CEO contract
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks says its interim chief executive Joel Waller will remain in the role for an additional three months until March.
Waller has entered into an amended employment agreement, meaning he will continue to serve as CEO and president until 31 March 2013 unless a successor is elected, according to a company SEC filing.
He was appointed for a one-year term in December, to help revitalise the business and get the company back on track to profitability.
In August, the women's wear retailer saw its second-quarter losses narrow on the back of rising same-store sales as new merchandising efforts take hold.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Speciality retailer The Wet Seal posted substantial losses for the fourth quarter and full year, impacted by falling sales and restructuring charges....
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
US value apparel retailer Body Central has announced a series of executive appointments across its merchandising and e-commerce departments....
US teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has announced the resignation of Barbara Cook, its senior vice president of store operations, after less than two years in the post....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy