US: Christopher & Banks extends interim CEO contract
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks says its interim chief executive Joel Waller will remain in the role for an additional three months until March.
Waller has entered into an amended employment agreement, meaning he will continue to serve as CEO and president until 31 March 2013 unless a successor is elected, according to a company SEC filing.
He was appointed for a one-year term in December, to help revitalise the business and get the company back on track to profitability.
In August, the women's wear retailer saw its second-quarter losses narrow on the back of rising same-store sales as new merchandising efforts take hold.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Speciality retailer The Wet Seal posted substantial losses for the fourth quarter and full year, impacted by falling sales and restructuring charges....
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
US value apparel retailer Body Central has announced a series of executive appointments across its merchandising and e-commerce departments....
US teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has announced the resignation of Barbara Cook, its senior vice president of store operations, after less than two years in the post....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead