USA: Christopher & Banks July Same-Store Sales Up By 25 Per Cent
Christopher & Banks Corporation (Nasdaq: CHBS), formerly Braun's Fashion Corporation, today reported a 25 per cent increase in July same-store sales for its five-week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the five-week period ended July 29, 2000, rose 47 per cent to $16m from $10.9m last year. For the five months ended July 29, 2000, same-store sales increased 21 per cent. Total sales for the five months year-to-date increased 44 per cent to $71.3m from $49.4m last year. As of July 29, 2000 the company operated 242 stores compared with 210 as of July 31, 1999. Bill Prange, chairman and CEO of Christopher & Banks said: "We are very pleased to report that our July sales were strong across all merchandise categories, clearly demonstrating the continued acceptance of the Christopher & Banks brand. Our 25 per cent increase in July same-store sales exceeded our expectations and follows a 14 per cent increase in last year's July same-store sales." Christopher & Banks Corporation is a Minneapolis-based specialty retailer of women's clothing providing exclusive fashions under the Christopher & Banks label. Presently, the company has 242 stores operating in 27 states, located primarily in the northern regions throughout the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report