USA: Christopher & Banks July Same-Store Sales Up By 25 Per Cent
Christopher & Banks Corporation (Nasdaq: CHBS), formerly Braun's Fashion Corporation, today reported a 25 per cent increase in July same-store sales for its five-week period ended July 29, 2000. Total sales for the five-week period ended July 29, 2000, rose 47 per cent to $16m from $10.9m last year. For the five months ended July 29, 2000, same-store sales increased 21 per cent. Total sales for the five months year-to-date increased 44 per cent to $71.3m from $49.4m last year. As of July 29, 2000 the company operated 242 stores compared with 210 as of July 31, 1999. Bill Prange, chairman and CEO of Christopher & Banks said: "We are very pleased to report that our July sales were strong across all merchandise categories, clearly demonstrating the continued acceptance of the Christopher & Banks brand. Our 25 per cent increase in July same-store sales exceeded our expectations and follows a 14 per cent increase in last year's July same-store sales." Christopher & Banks Corporation is a Minneapolis-based specialty retailer of women's clothing providing exclusive fashions under the Christopher & Banks label. Presently, the company has 242 stores operating in 27 states, located primarily in the northern regions throughout the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar