US: Christopher & Banks names Barenbaum as CEO
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation has tapped its interim chief executive officer Larry Barenbaum to the permanent post of president and CEO.
Barenbaum served in the interim post since October 2010, and has been a member of the board of directors of the company since 1992 and chair of the board since 2005.
Lead director Anne Jones said the appointment was made on the back of "his initial accomplishments as interim chief executive officer over the past three months, providing a clear direction for our company and energising our associates."
For his part, Barenbaum, who has over 25 years of experience in the retail industry, including owning a fashion import, manufacturing and design company, said he is "excited and thrilled" at the new opportunity.
Following Barenbaum's appointment, James Fuld Jr has been elected as chair of the board.
Women's apparel retailer Christopher & Banks posted a much-reduced first quarter net profit as revenues and same store sales both edged down 2% in the three months to 28 May....
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation has posted losses in both its fourth quarter and full year after admitting its merchandise "did not resonate with customers."...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack