US: Christopher & Banks Q1 profit shrinks
- Q1 net profit US$1.9m, versus $6.3m
- Net sales down 2% to $123.8m
- Extends existing $50m credit facility
Women’s apparel retailer Christopher & Banks posted a much-reduced first quarter net profit as revenues and same store sales both edged down 2% in the three months to 28 May.
The US company also announced an extension to its existing $50m credit facility with Wells Fargo Bank, featuring a new maturity date of 30 June, 2014.
“During the first quarter, we continued to make progress on our key initiatives to improve the business,” said Larry Barenbaum, Christopher & Banks president and CEO.
“A modest selection of new product reflecting our updated styling was delivered in May and demonstrated stronger sell-through than we have seen during the past several seasons, and we are encouraged that we are on the right track with our merchandise initiatives.”
The combined effect of restructuring and asset impairment charges, flat same-store sales, and promotions to clear seasonal inventory, have more than tripled third quarter losses at women's wear retail...
Joel Waller, the former CEO of teen clothier Wet Seal, is joining women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation as president for a one-year term....
The top stories on just-style over the past week included an update on the impact of floods in Thailand on the country's clothing industry, the closure of 100 stores by women's wear retailer Christoph...
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation is to shutter around 100 underperforming stores and axe jobs as part of moves to help it return to profit....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack