USA: Christopher & Banks Q1 Profits Surge To $9.8m
Specialty retailer of women's apparel, Christopher & Banks Corp, on Wednesday posted a 49 per cent year-on-year leap in first quarter net profit to $9.8 million on the back of a 35 per cent jump in sales to $77.8m. The Minneapolis-based operator of nearly 400 stores said same-store sales in the 13 weeks to June 1 climbed 10 per cent and added it opened 45 new stores during the period. It expects June same-store sales to climb around 11 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack