USA: Christopher & Banks Same Store Sales Up 16 Per Cent
Christopher & Banks Corporation (Nasdaq: CHBS), formerly Braun's Fashions Corporation, today reported a 16 per cent increase in September same-store sales for its four-week period ended September 23, 2000. Total sales for the four-week period ended September 23, 2000, rose 40 per cent to $15.3m from $10.9m last year. For the seven months ended September 23, 2000, same-store sales rose 20 per cent. Total sales for the seven months year-to-date increased 43 per cent to $99.2m from $69.3m last year. As of September 23, 2000, the company operated 262 stores compared with 212 stores at September 25, 1999. Bill Prange, chairman and CEO said: "We are very pleased with the continued strength of our sales across all merchandise categories. Our 16 per cent increase in September same-store sales follows a 13 per cent increase in last year's September same-store sales. Sales were the strongest during the last week of the month, as cooler weather generated increased customer interest in our new fall assortments." Mr Prange continued: "We also opened five new C.J. Banks stores during September, catering to the casual clothing needs of 35 to 55 year old women who wear sizes 14W to 24W. We currently operate 14 C.J. Banks stores and plan to open six additional stores this Fall. Sales at these stores were in line with our expectations, with sweaters showing the strongest performance." Mr Prange concluded, "We continue to see robust selling at full price. Based on September's results, we anticipate that gross margin for the third quarter, which ends on November 25, 2000, will exceed last year's third quarter gross margin by at least 300 basis points."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022