US: Christopher & Banks taps Payless exec as CEO
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO.
Via replaces Joel Waller, who was named interim CEO in February following the departure of Larry Barenbaum. She will join the company on 26 November, while Waller will continue to work with Christopher & Banks as a consultant until 30 June 2013.
Chair of the board Paul Snyder said: "LuAnn is an exceptional choice for this position and I am confident that she will provide excellent leadership for Christopher & Banks as we continue to execute on the turnaround strategy started by Joel Waller.
"Via's extensive merchandise and product development experience in multiple retail channels in addition to her strong executive and personal qualities were key factors in the board's decision to hire her."
Prior to Payless ShoeSource, Via held various positions at Charming Shoppes inlcuding president of its Catherines Stores subsidiary. She has also worked at retailer Sears Holding Co and fashion group Saks.
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year. ...
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Benetton $1.6m Rana Plaza payment “insufficient”
- Traceable label offers textile transparency
- Dickies debuts body heat mapping tech workwear
- US teens trend to athleisure, value and online