US: Christopher & Banks taps Payless exec as CEO
Via replaces Joel Waller, who was named interim CEO in February following the departure of Larry Barenbaum. She will join the company on 26 November, while Waller will continue to work with Christopher & Banks as a consultant until 30 June 2013.
Chair of the board Paul Snyder said: "LuAnn is an exceptional choice for this position and I am confident that she will provide excellent leadership for Christopher & Banks as we continue to execute on the turnaround strategy started by Joel Waller.
"Via's extensive merchandise and product development experience in multiple retail channels in addition to her strong executive and personal qualities were key factors in the board's decision to hire her."
Prior to Payless ShoeSource, Via held various positions at Charming Shoppes inlcuding president of its Catherines Stores subsidiary. She has also worked at retailer Sears Holding Co and fashion group Saks.
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year. ...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015