US: Christopher & Banks taps Payless exec as CEO
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO.
Via replaces Joel Waller, who was named interim CEO in February following the departure of Larry Barenbaum. She will join the company on 26 November, while Waller will continue to work with Christopher & Banks as a consultant until 30 June 2013.
Chair of the board Paul Snyder said: "LuAnn is an exceptional choice for this position and I am confident that she will provide excellent leadership for Christopher & Banks as we continue to execute on the turnaround strategy started by Joel Waller.
"Via's extensive merchandise and product development experience in multiple retail channels in addition to her strong executive and personal qualities were key factors in the board's decision to hire her."
Prior to Payless ShoeSource, Via held various positions at Charming Shoppes inlcuding president of its Catherines Stores subsidiary. She has also worked at retailer Sears Holding Co and fashion group Saks.
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year. ...
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras