US: Christopher & Banks taps Payless exec as CEO
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO.
Via replaces Joel Waller, who was named interim CEO in February following the departure of Larry Barenbaum. She will join the company on 26 November, while Waller will continue to work with Christopher & Banks as a consultant until 30 June 2013.
Chair of the board Paul Snyder said: "LuAnn is an exceptional choice for this position and I am confident that she will provide excellent leadership for Christopher & Banks as we continue to execute on the turnaround strategy started by Joel Waller.
"Via's extensive merchandise and product development experience in multiple retail channels in addition to her strong executive and personal qualities were key factors in the board's decision to hire her."
Prior to Payless ShoeSource, Via held various positions at Charming Shoppes inlcuding president of its Catherines Stores subsidiary. She has also worked at retailer Sears Holding Co and fashion group Saks.
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year. ...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024