US: Christopher & Banks taps Payless exec as CEO
Women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks has appointed former Payless ShoeSource chief executive LuAnn Via as its new president and CEO.
Via replaces Joel Waller, who was named interim CEO in February following the departure of Larry Barenbaum. She will join the company on 26 November, while Waller will continue to work with Christopher & Banks as a consultant until 30 June 2013.
Chair of the board Paul Snyder said: "LuAnn is an exceptional choice for this position and I am confident that she will provide excellent leadership for Christopher & Banks as we continue to execute on the turnaround strategy started by Joel Waller.
"Via's extensive merchandise and product development experience in multiple retail channels in addition to her strong executive and personal qualities were key factors in the board's decision to hire her."
Prior to Payless ShoeSource, Via held various positions at Charming Shoppes inlcuding president of its Catherines Stores subsidiary. She has also worked at retailer Sears Holding Co and fashion group Saks.
Christopher & Banks has seen its fourth-quarter loss narrow after the women's wear retailer reduced costs and benefited from an extra week of trading....
Ascena Retail Group has named Linda Heasley as president and CEO of plus sized clothing retailer Lane Bryant, which it acquired last year. ...
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015