USA: CIT To Provide Factoring Services To TextilEdge.com
CIT Commercial Services, one of the nation's largest providers of factoring services, today announced an arrangement with TextilEdge, an e-commerce resource provider for the apparel and textile industry. Under the financing agreement, CIT will issue credit to buyers to purchase goods on the TextilEdge website, and at the same time, provide credit protection to the sellers. CIT will assume the buyer's financial ability to pay its debts on all approved orders through the website. "CIT will provide financing solutions to our suppliers in the US as well as support our growth and expansion efforts into new markets in Latin America and beyond," said William B. Harris, CEO of TextilEdge. "The alliance will allow CIT to use the Internet to facilitate business-to-business e-commerce transactions and expand our support of the apparel and textile industries," said John F. Daly, president of CIT Commercial Services. "Our strategy is to provide financing services via the key vertical and horizontal Internet marketplaces in the industries we serve and TextilEdge is an important player in apparel and textile e-commerce."TextilEdge streamlines the apparel and textile sourcing chain by bringing together buyers and suppliers and facilitating transactions through a neutral and secure marketplace. The company is working with a large number of customers, including several of the top 20 apparel and textile companies in the United States, to improve their sourcing operations in Latin America. It has also joined forces with leading industry associations and providers of services and technology, extending the functionality available to its customers and building a robust technology platform.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack