US: Citi Trends lowers FY guidance as Q2 profit drops 51%
Value-priced fashion retailer Citi Trends Inc on Wednesday (29 August) reported a 50.8% slump in second quarter profit and lowered its earnings guidance for the fiscal year.
For the three months to 4 August, net income dropped to $627,000 from $1.276m in the prior year quarter. Net income per diluted share fell to $0.04 from $0.09.
Total sales increased 26.9% to $96.8m in the quarter, compared with $76.3m last time. Same-store sales increased 3.4% on a comparable store, comparable week basis.
For the six month period, net income fell 22% to $6.349m, or $0.45 per diluted share, from $8.17m, or $0.58 per diluted share, in the prior year period. Total net sales increased 21.1% in the first half to $203.4m from $168.0m, and same-store sales rose 1.9%.
The company is lowering its estimate of 2007 earnings to a range of $1.40 to $1.44 per diluted share.
Citi Trends operates 300 stores located in 18 states in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions and the state of Texas.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing retailer Country Road Limited has posted a 9.5% rise in first-half profit, helped by what it described as "the strongest profit performance for a December half this business has delivered for...
San Francisco retail giant Gap Inc has parted company with Dawn Robertson, the president of its Old Navy value-price family apparel brand, after just 16 months in the job....
Girls' wear retailer Tween Brands Inc today (20 February) said its fourth quarter profit fell 11% as restructuring charges outweighed higher sales....
Fourth quarter profit at footwear and accessories retailer Steven Madden Ltd has more than halved, with the company blaming "soft consumer spending and an absence of major fashion footwear trends."...
Teen clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co today (15 February) posted a jump in both fourth quarter and full-year profits on higher sales at its four store concepts....
Swedish fashion retail group Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) saw sales growth stage a recovery in January, despite a fall in comparable store sales in December....
Jones Apparel Group Inc today (13 February) said it had narrowed its fourth quarter loss, despite lower sales as it exited several sportswear lines....
Bakers Footwear Group is confident that business will rebound in 2008, despite a double-digit comparable store sales fall in fiscal 2007....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar