US: Citi Trends sees Q3 losses narrow on sales rise
- Q3 loss narrowed to $3.7m
- Total sales up 4.1% to $149m
- Comparable store sales climbed 0.5%.
Value-priced fashion retailer Citi Trends saw its third-quarter net losses narrow on the back of rising sales.
Net losses narrowed to US$3.7m over the 13 weeks to 27 October, compared to a $6.8m loss the year before.
The retailer, which operates 513 stores, said last year's third quarter was impacted by $1.2m in severance costs as it axed 40 jobs in its corporate offices, distribution centres and stores.
Meanwhile, total sales climbed 4.1% to $149m compared to $143.1m the year before, while comparable store sales edged up 0.5%.
Citi Trends opened one store and relocated or expanded two others during the quarter.
US clothing retailer Citi Trends swung to a fourth quarter loss after recording disappointing sales over the period. ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis