US: Citi Trends sees Q3 losses narrow on sales rise
- Q3 loss narrowed to $3.7m
- Total sales up 4.1% to $149m
- Comparable store sales climbed 0.5%.
Value-priced fashion retailer Citi Trends saw its third-quarter net losses narrow on the back of rising sales.
Net losses narrowed to US$3.7m over the 13 weeks to 27 October, compared to a $6.8m loss the year before.
The retailer, which operates 513 stores, said last year's third quarter was impacted by $1.2m in severance costs as it axed 40 jobs in its corporate offices, distribution centres and stores.
Meanwhile, total sales climbed 4.1% to $149m compared to $143.1m the year before, while comparable store sales edged up 0.5%.
Citi Trends opened one store and relocated or expanded two others during the quarter.
US clothing retailer Citi Trends swung to a fourth quarter loss after recording disappointing sales over the period. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies