SPAIN: City encouraged by Inditex performance
- FY earnings reach EUR2.4bn
- Sales grow 5%
- Margin remains flat
Inditex has invested in refurbishing and expanding its stores
Investment in its store network and the continued roll-out of its online sales platform has paid off for Inditex after it booked an increase in full-year earnings and sales.
Net income in the three months to the end of January reached EUR2.4bn (US$3.3bn), an increase of 1% from a year earlier. Gross margin was down 40bps to 59.3%.
Sales increased by 5% to EUR16.7bn, while like-for-like sales grew by 3%.
The group invested EUR1.2bn over the course of the year in refurbishing and expanding its stores, head offices and logistics platforms. It has also continued the global roll-out of its online sales platform, which now covers most of the Northern Hemisphere.
Zara began online sales in Greece this month and will launch in Romania in April. The brand plans to launch online sales in South Korea and Mexico in autumn/winter, taking the total for Inditex to 27 markets.
Bernstein analyst Jamie Merriman said: "We continue to believe that Inditex has the strongest business model in apparel retail, will deliver double digit earnings growth in the medium term and can hold its multiple."
Zara Österreich Clothing GmbH is expected to follow its strategy of expansion in Austria over the forecast period. This is influenced by the strategy of its parent company, Inditex, which invests in o...
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is focused on developing its network of stores in Poland in 2013. In the coming years, the company’s further expansion is expected, primarily in shopping malls i...
Inditex is focused on the search for flexibility in adapting production to French demand. 2013 was a stronger year for the company, with growth in every category in which it was present due to being i...
Zara Japan Corp continues to expand the presence of Zara and its sister brand Bershka. Two more brands were introduced into the Japanese market in 2013 and 2014 – Zara Home and Stradivarius. The compa...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis