USA: Claire's Stores Inc. Reports May Sales Up 35%
Claire's Stores, Inc. (NYSE: CLE) reported today sales for the four weeks ended May 27, increased 35% to $73,171,000 compared with $54,102,000 reported for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Same store sales declined 2 percent for the month on a consolidated basis. The fashion accessory division decreased 3 percent and Mr. Rags increased 5 percent on a same store sales basis. Rowland Schaefer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Claire's, said "Same store sales for the month of May were within our expectations and we continue to see strength in our summer departments." Pursuant to the $50 million stock repurchase program authorized on May 3, 2000 by the Company's Board of Directors, the Company has purchased approximately 750,000 shares of the Company's common stock at an average price of $19.16 per share. Claire's Stores, Inc. (Monthly Sales in 000's)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016