USA: Claire's Stores Inc. Reports May Sales Up 35%
Claire's Stores, Inc. (NYSE: CLE) reported today sales for the four weeks ended May 27, increased 35% to $73,171,000 compared with $54,102,000 reported for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Same store sales declined 2 percent for the month on a consolidated basis. The fashion accessory division decreased 3 percent and Mr. Rags increased 5 percent on a same store sales basis. Rowland Schaefer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Claire's, said "Same store sales for the month of May were within our expectations and we continue to see strength in our summer departments." Pursuant to the $50 million stock repurchase program authorized on May 3, 2000 by the Company's Board of Directors, the Company has purchased approximately 750,000 shares of the Company's common stock at an average price of $19.16 per share. Claire's Stores, Inc. (Monthly Sales in 000's)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022