USA: Claire's Stores Inc. Reports May Sales Up 35%
Claire's Stores, Inc. (NYSE: CLE) reported today sales for the four weeks ended May 27, increased 35% to $73,171,000 compared with $54,102,000 reported for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Same store sales declined 2 percent for the month on a consolidated basis. The fashion accessory division decreased 3 percent and Mr. Rags increased 5 percent on a same store sales basis. Rowland Schaefer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Claire's, said "Same store sales for the month of May were within our expectations and we continue to see strength in our summer departments." Pursuant to the $50 million stock repurchase program authorized on May 3, 2000 by the Company's Board of Directors, the Company has purchased approximately 750,000 shares of the Company's common stock at an average price of $19.16 per share. Claire's Stores, Inc. (Monthly Sales in 000's)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack