USA: Claire's Stores Inc. Reports May Sales Up 35%
Claire's Stores, Inc. (NYSE: CLE) reported today sales for the four weeks ended May 27, increased 35% to $73,171,000 compared with $54,102,000 reported for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Same store sales declined 2 percent for the month on a consolidated basis. The fashion accessory division decreased 3 percent and Mr. Rags increased 5 percent on a same store sales basis. Rowland Schaefer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Claire's, said "Same store sales for the month of May were within our expectations and we continue to see strength in our summer departments." Pursuant to the $50 million stock repurchase program authorized on May 3, 2000 by the Company's Board of Directors, the Company has purchased approximately 750,000 shares of the Company's common stock at an average price of $19.16 per share. Claire's Stores, Inc. (Monthly Sales in 000's)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective