USA: Claire's Stores Inc. Reports May Sales Up 35%
Claire's Stores, Inc. (NYSE: CLE) reported today sales for the four weeks ended May 27, increased 35% to $73,171,000 compared with $54,102,000 reported for the four weeks ended May 29, 1999. Same store sales declined 2 percent for the month on a consolidated basis. The fashion accessory division decreased 3 percent and Mr. Rags increased 5 percent on a same store sales basis. Rowland Schaefer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Claire's, said "Same store sales for the month of May were within our expectations and we continue to see strength in our summer departments." Pursuant to the $50 million stock repurchase program authorized on May 3, 2000 by the Company's Board of Directors, the Company has purchased approximately 750,000 shares of the Company's common stock at an average price of $19.16 per share. Claire's Stores, Inc. (Monthly Sales in 000's)
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020