UK: Clariant inks Green Chemicals fire retardant licence
Specialty chemicals firm Clariant International has inked a worldwide licence to distribute Green Chemicals' environmentally-friendly fire retardants for textiles.
The patented flame retardant product is an eco-friendly, wash-durable, flame retardant finish for cellulose-rich fabrics. It contains no halogens or formaldehyde, does not require an ammonia curing step and, according to the company, is considered to be a technological breakthrough in this field.
It is suitable for a wide range of applications including industrial work-wear, where fabrics need to be both flame retardant and wash-durable to recognised European standards.
Clariant already supplies chemicals used for pre-treatment, dyeing, printing and finishing of leather and textiles.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack