UK: Clarks Axes West Country Jobs
The firm has been in Barnstaple for 35 years. But after the announcement of job cuts, many feel it is only a matter of time before the factory closes for good.
John Keery, spokesman for Clarks Ltd, yesterday told the Western Morning News that: "The plant will remain open as long as it remains competitive."
Competition from low labour cost countries has been blamed for the decision.
Companies: C&J Clark International
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Italian shoemaker Geox, known for its 'breathing' shoes, expects sales to rise 50% in Spain this year, a spokeswoman confirmed to just-style on Tuesday (7 February)....
Charity Steps has launched a campaign against shoe chain Clarks after the latter scrapped its unique scheme for children with irregular sized feet....
Consumer products group Pacific Brands has agreed to acquire New Zealand-based thermal wear and bedwares business Arthur Ellis for NZD13.2 million....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report