UK: Clarks Shoes invests GBP4.6m in 3D foot measurement
Footwear retailer Clarks Shoes is preparing to install 3D foot measurement gauges in a number of its stores in a bid to meet the back to school rush.
The GBP4.6m (US$8.5m) investment with developer QinetiQ will be rolled out into 50 Clarks stores this month and should be installed in all the company's UK and Ireland shops by the end of 2007.
The foot gauge uses six 3D camera systems to measure children's feet quickly and accurately, providing detailed length, girth and shape data and helping to ensure the best fit possible. Both feet can be scanned simultaneously, allowing store staff to decide quickly on best fit.
The recorded 3D data will also enable trend analysis, assisting future footwear design and improving stock control and the efficiency of in-store service.
The debate over the imposition of anti-dumping duties on imports of leather shoes from China and Vietnam into the EU has raged for most of this year. But even though the EU reached a final decision on...
The decision to impose protective duties on imports of leather shoes from China and Vietnam into the European Union has been slammed by leading footwear retailers, importers and trade groups as a cost...
China and Vietnam have hit out at the anti-dumping measures proposed by the European Union on imports of leather shoes from the two countries, describing them as "illegal" and without "factual support...
UK retail giant Debenhams is closing in on a deal to lease 11 Roches stores in Ireland, fulfilling its aim of boosting its retail presence in the country....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020