US: Clinton exploring financing for potential Wet Seal deal
Activist investor Clinton Group has said it is looking at financing options for a possible acquisition of US women's apparel retailer Wet Seal.
In a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission yesterday (18 December), Clinton, the firm's second-largest shareholder, said it was "exploring financing alternatives" in order to make an offer to purchase the company in a "going private" transaction.
Earlier this month, Wet Seal saw its third-quarter net losses widen, resulting in the group offering a cautious outlook for the remainder of the year.
Net losses totalled US$14.9m, while sales fell 5.7%.
According to the filing, Clinton Group currently holds an 8.1% stake in Wet Seal.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion retailer The Wet Seal recorded a wider third-quarter net loss as sales continued to decline across the business....
Beleaguered business The Wet Seal has assembled a team to identify and analyse potential strategic and financial alternatives....
Beleaguered business The Wet Seal has appointed company executive Thomas Hillebrandt to the role of interim chief financial officer....
Clinton Group, a shareholder of beleaguered business The Wet Seal, has written to the firm's board seeking clarification on its liquidity and suggesting options to shore up its balance sheet....
Apparel design and manufacturing business Joe Benbasset Inc has selected the BlueCherry Enterprise Suite from CGS to replace its legacy systems and improve visibility and alignment of customer and pro...
Beleaguered retail business The Wet Seal is cutting 78 jobs as part of plans to trim millions of dollars from its cost base every year....
Steve Benrubi, the CFO of troubled retailer The Wet Seal, has announced his decision to step down as finance chief....
Troubled retailer The Wet Seal has appointed former company executive Jon Kubo to the newly created role of chief digital officer....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts