USA: CloseOutNow.com Opens European Office and Announces $100 Million in Contracts
CloseOutNow.com(TM), a cutting edge, one-stop, total solution B2B auction servicing the $100 billion market of excess fashion inventories, announced yesterday evening at its official launch event that it has secured $100 million in contracts and has opened a European office in Florence, Italy. "We have exceeded our own expectations," said Steven R. Lubinski, Chairman and CEO of CloseOutNow.com. "Our technology staff has worked long days and many nights to have our site ready for launch. But our sales and marketing staff has worked equally hard and I'm thrilled that as we go live with our site we are able to also celebrate considerable success on the business side. $100 million in contracts as we launch is a tremendous achievement that validates this idea." The company's new office in Florence, Italy will allow it to build important relationships with manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers in the region. "We are more than a cyber company. We are a full-service, total solution and it is important for us to be close to our customers. The European market is particularly important to us," said Lubinski. Lubinski made the milestone announcements at a gala party and charity auction held in Manhattan's trendy West Village. The event was hosted by CloseOutNow.com spokesperson Wendie Malick, star of NBC's hit sitcom "Just Shoot Me." Attendees included CloseOutNow.com staff, investors, strategic partners, fashion industry executives and members of the media. A charity fashion show of "close out" apparel and a silent auction were also held. Proceeds will go to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022