SWEDEN: Clothing Chain Lindex Up 16.9 Per Cent Over Nine Months
In its nine-month report, Swedish clothing retail chain Lindex reveals that profit after financial items increased by 16.5 per cent and amounted to SEK 234M (201). Profit after financial items in the Nordic countries rose by 23.2 per cent and amounted to SEK 310M (252). * In the third quarter of the financial year, profit after financial items increased by 12.4 per cent and amounted to SEK 59M (53). Profit after financial items in the Nordic countries for the same period rose by 20.3 per cent to SEK 90M (75). Lindex continues to take market shares on all geographic markets. * Lindex's sales in the first nine months of the financial year increased by 14.0 per cent to SEK 3,061M (2,685). Same-stores sales rose by 5.5 per cent (5.9). New stores contributed a sales increase of 8.5 per cent (6.2). Same-stores sales increase in Germany in the third quarter of the financial year amounted to more than 30 per cent. * In total, 26 (19) new stores were opened during the first nine months of the financial year, of which 13 (4) in Germany. * Lindex opens yet another establishment region in Germany, in Berlin. The first rental contract has been signed for a store with a prime location in Kurfurstendamm which is planned to open during November 2000.Lindex is a retail chain with 325 stores, of which 301 on the Nordic market and 24 stores in Germany. The Group's product segments are ladies' wear, lingerie, children's clothing and Lindex Care - cosmetics and bodycare products. Please visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022