USA: Clothing Chain TJX Enjoys Bumper Start To 2002
The operator of more than 1,600 stores, including TJ Maxx and Marshalls, said sales for the first 22 weeks of the current fiscal year jumped 15 per cent to $4.6 billion from $4bn last year, with same-store sales for thw period up five per cent.
Edmond English, president and CEO, stated: "We are pleased with our June sales performance and strong margins which were driven by excellent inventory management and a good flow of merchandise. Each of our divisions ended the month with inventories in excellent shape."
Companies: TJX Companies Inc
Are brands are becoming increasingly irrelevant in much of today's clothing industry? Mike Flanagan points out that in the super-club of the world's largest apparel companies, there's no longer a sing...
Off-price group TJX said it has axed about 250 workers in Massachusetts, Canada and the UK as part of a profit-boosting ploy. The company is also cutting 12 senior executive salaries....
Off-price retailer TJX has reported sales and income growth for the full financial year 2006, boosted by "improved execution and a renewed focus on off-price discipline"....
Value apparel and home products retailer TJX Cos Inc has reported an increase in second-quarter net income on disciplined inventory management and opportunistic buying, despite lower-than-predicted sa...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack