EUROPE: Clothing Chiefs Blast High Trade Barriers
European and US clothing and textile chiefs on Tuesday blasted the high trade barriers used by certain World Trade Organisation members and called on the WTO to take urgent action. Speaking after a two-day conference in Brussels at which EU trade chief Pascal Lamy attacked India for its high trade barriers on European apparel exports, officials from Europe, Japan and the US met to discuss market access issues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth