UK: Clothing Costs Spark High Street Price Rises
Figures from the British Retail Consortium’s show apparel costs edged up June retail prices 0.15 per cent from May when month-on-month prices fell 0.4 per cent.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Chancellor Gordon Brown has revealed a plan to slash red tape for UK businesses to allow greater flexibility, in a move that may help alleviate fears over stifling EU bureaucracy....
British Retail Consortium director general Dr Kevin Hawkins has lashed out at comments on shoplifting made by Lord Justice Rose in the Court of Appeal....
Same-store high-street sales have fallen for the seventh month in a row as unseasonably warm weather hurt demand for winter clothing and footwear....
UK retailers could be losing millions of pounds off the bottom line due to poor communications between head office and the front line, according to an industry report from Retail Performance Specialis...
UK Same-store retail sales decreased during September for the sixth month in a row, according to a report released by the British Retail Consortium....
UK high-street sales continued to plummet during August, with clothing and footwear performing even worse than in July, according to the British Retail Consortium....
European retailers are increasing pressure on the EU's executive body the European Commission to allow them to import goods stuck in transit after Chinese T-shirt quotas became the latest victim to th...
The EU is expected to push for progress in resolving the issue of Chinese textile and garment exports this week, as European retailers fear a severe shortage of goods in the coming seasons....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective