NEPAL: Clothing Exports To US Jump 30% In May
Nepal's clothing exports to the United States jumped 30 per cent last month to $8.9 million from $6.9m in the year-ago period, industry data revealed on Thursday. Figures released by the Garment Association Nepal showed that rise continued an upward trend which began last August. The US accounts for around 85 per cent of Nepal's apparel exports and helps drive an industry which employs more than 100,000 people and generates 40 per cent of the country's total export earnings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth