SLOVAKIA: Clothing Firm Makes SKK4.5m Profit
The cooperative ended the same period last year with a loss of SKK44,000, Dusan Ivanov, Vzorodev's head, announced.
Vzorodev's five-month output increased by around 14 per cent year on year to SKK56.5m. The cooperative exports three-quarters of its output, with Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and Austria as its main customers. Sales from exports rose 1.5 per cent year on year to SKK40.7m. Sales in Slovakia dropped 12 per cent to SKK4.6m.
The cooperative invested SKK1.5m in sewing machines this year.
(SKK100 = $1.98)
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective