SLOVAKIA: Clothing Firm Makes SKK4.5m Profit
Presov-based clothing manufacturer Vzorodev earned profits of SKK4.5m on costs of SKK57.8m during the first five months of 2001, the Slovak Press Agency reported. The cooperative ended the same period last year with a loss of SKK44,000, Dusan Ivanov, Vzorodev's head, announced. Vzorodev's five-month output increased by around 14 per cent year on year to SKK56.5m. The cooperative exports three-quarters of its output, with Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and Austria as its main customers. Sales from exports rose 1.5 per cent year on year to SKK40.7m. Sales in Slovakia dropped 12 per cent to SKK4.6m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022