UK: Clothing Firms Having A Tough Time - Survey
Britain's clothing manufacturing industry is in severe trouble with the vast majority of the country's top garment firms performing badly over the past three years, a new survey revealed on Tuesday. According to the study, 22 of the UK's leading 100 clothing producers are actually losing money and 17 of the industry's largest players are heading for trouble as they "race towards major problems pursuing extra market share and profitability".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands