JAPAN: Clothing Firms Renown, D'Urban Integrate Ops
The firms will be brought under the umbrella of a holding company called Renown D'urban Holdings Inc in March and integrate production facilities in a bid to cut costs and improve efficiencies.
Renown, which produces a range of women's fashions, and D'urban, which specialises in men's clothing, added they also plan to enter the youth-oriented fashion market.
Renown employs nearly 1,800 workers which D'Urban's workforce is around a third of that total.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar