SWEDEN: Clothing Retailer JC Posts Rise In Revenue
Leading Swedish clothing retailer JC on Tuesday posted earnings per share of 2.92 Swedish crowns ($0.28/0.32 euro) for 2001 compared to 3.38 crowns ($0.32/0.37 euro) for the previous year.
The firm said in a statement its revenue reached 1.885 billion crowns ($179 million/204m euros), up from 1.658bn crowns ($157m/179m euros) in 2000.
The retail giant also reported an operating profit of 43.8m crowns ($4.2m/4.7m euros) for 2001 compared to 49.6m crowns ($4.7m/5.4m euros) for 2000.
Its board proposed a dividend of one crown ($0.10/0.11 euro) per share for 2001.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"