CYPRUS: Clothing Sector Targets UK
Eleven Cypriot companies exhibited in this week's Level 2 show, Excel, bringing a wide range of ready-to-wear clothing. Knitwear, shirts and trousers, which have proved popular in Europe, were in the spotlight this year. Andreas Pavlou, commercial attaché at the Cyprus High Commission Trade Centre in London, said: "The UK has always been a priority export market for the Cyprus clothing industry. The UK export market accounts for approximately £13m per annum, which is 50 per cent of our clothing export market each year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores