CYPRUS: Clothing Sector Targets UK
Eleven Cypriot companies exhibited in this week's Level 2 show, Excel, bringing a wide range of ready-to-wear clothing. Knitwear, shirts and trousers, which have proved popular in Europe, were in the spotlight this year. Andreas Pavlou, commercial attaché at the Cyprus High Commission Trade Centre in London, said: "The UK has always been a priority export market for the Cyprus clothing industry. The UK export market accounts for approximately £13m per annum, which is 50 per cent of our clothing export market each year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts