UK: Clothing & Shoe Sales Surge In April
British clothing, textile and footwear retail sales surged 4.7 per cent last month as they helped total retail sales by volume climb at their fastest rate for nearly two and a half years, it was revealed on Thursday.
Figures from National Statistics showed apparel and shoe sales are now 17.1 per cent ahead year-on-year as they soared to their highest level for the past 16 years. That jump helped retail sales volumes grew 1.7 per cent last month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth