FRANCE: CMT Finition placed in administration
South-west France-based CMT Finition, a specialist in the dyeing and embellishment of fabrics used in garments, has been placed in administration for a period of six months by a commercial court in the city of Castres.
The firm, which is part of the Carreman group, employs 120 staff. The court decision follows a significant drop in orders which has led to the introduction of short-time working.
The CGT staff union claims CMT Finition is looking to axe 50 jobs.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores