US: Coach Q3 earnings tumble on accessory weakness
- Q3 earnings down to $191m
- Gross margin narrowed 71.1%
- Sales fall 7%
Coach Inc saw both earnings and sales slide in its third-quarter as weakness in its North America accessories division offset strong growth in men's footwear and robust growth in Asia and Europe.
The US footwear, handbags and accessories retailer reported earnings of US$191m in the three months ended 29 March. This compared to earnings of $239m a year earlier.
Gross margin narrowed to 71.1% versus 74.1% in the prior year period, while sales fell 7% to $1.10bn.
CEO Victor Luis, said: "Our business in North America remained challenging in the period, exacerbated by the weather and shift of the Easter holiday. We experienced sharply lower traffic levels in our stores while our internet results were impacted by our strategic decisions to eliminate third party events, as well as limit the access and invitations to our factory flash site.
"At the same time, China results remained resilient with total sales growing over 25% and comparable store sales rising at a double-digit rate. Importantly, we continued to advance our transformation initiatives across all consumer touchpoints, including our first ever New York Fashion Week presentation in February."
Canadean's "Coach, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ...
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019