ASIA: Coach reshuffles Asian pack
Accessories company Coach has made a number of senior management changes in Asia as it seeks to drive expansion in the region.
The strategy includes the creation of a new international retail organisation with three major Asian hubs in Japan, mainland China and other Asian markets.
Victor Luis, previously president and CEO, Coach Japan and Coach China, is promoted to the newly created post of president, Coach Retail International, with responsibility for all the company’s directly owned businesses outside North America.
Daniel DiCicco joins the company as president and CEO of Coach Japan from a position with Sony Music Entertainment (Asia).
Andre Cohen, president and CEO of Coach China, now assumes the new post of president and CEO, Coach Asia, with responsibility for Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia and future directly operated businesses in the region.
Joining Coach later in the autumn will be Nicholas Villeger, who moves from his job as CEO of Longchamp in Japan to become vice president, general manager of Coach Singapore and Malaysia.
Finally, Jonathan Seliger takes on the role of president and CEO of Coach China, joining from the Richemont Group, where he was most recently managing director of Alfred Dunhill in China.
Coach chairman and CEO Lew Frankfort said of the changes: “Having proven Coach veterans such as Ian Bickley, Victor Luis and Andre Cohen in key roles, strengthened by the appointment of these three new, seasoned executives, will enable Coach to intensify our focus on our international business and accelerate our prospects for global growth.”
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar