UK: Coast appoints O'Keeffe as marketing and e-commerce head
UK occasionwear retailer Coast has appointed Jayne O'Keeffe into the newly created role of marketing and e-commerce director.
O'Keeffe joins the Aurora Fashions-owned company from Marks and Spencer, where she was head of brands. She will be responsible for working with the Coast executive team to define and communicate the brand positioning for coast as the "occasionwear specialist on the high street, bringing it to life across all channels".
Starting 29 October, O'Keeffe will have operational responsibility for marketing, PR and e-commerce, and report into Coast MD Margaret McDonald.
She has held marketing roles for a number of FMCG brands including Arnotts, Dundrum Town Centre and Mars.
"Jayne's wealth of experience is a perfect match for Coast as we continue our strategy of brand investment, omnichannel sales growth and expansion both domestically and internationally," said McDonald.
"Our aim is to turn shopping into an occasion in itself and Jayne will drive that passion across all customer touch points."
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket