UK: Coats FY profit doubles in "robust" 2013
- Full-year earnings of US$37.3m
- Sales climb 5% to $1.7bn
- "Robust foundations for future growth"
Coats said the results illustrate the “underlying resilience” of its core markets
Guinness Peat Group Plc has booked what it describes as "robust" trading results at its industrial thread, yarn and zip specialist Coats Plc, despite muted market conditions during fiscal 2013.
In the 12 month period, Coats generated attributable profit of US$37.3m, up from $17.2m in the year ago period.
Sales climbed 5% on a like-for-like basis to $1.7bn, with both the industrial and craft divisions showing growth.
CEO Paul Forman said the results illustrate the "underlying resilience" of its core markets and the company's strong global market positions.
"We have continued to generate a good level of free cash flow and growth in returns on capital.
"Furthermore we have increasingly robust foundations for future growth through accelerating product innovation, exciting new service offerings and greater capability in key areas like consumer crafts marketing and market leading digital propositions."
Investment group Guinness Peat bought Coats Plc in a GBG414m takeover bid in 2003, and is moving towards a relaunch of the unit on the London stock market.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024