UK: Coats FY profit doubles in "robust" 2013
- Full-year earnings of US$37.3m
- Sales climb 5% to $1.7bn
- "Robust foundations for future growth"
Coats said the results illustrate the “underlying resilience” of its core markets
Guinness Peat Group Plc has booked what it describes as "robust" trading results at its industrial thread, yarn and zip specialist Coats Plc, despite muted market conditions during fiscal 2013.
In the 12 month period, Coats generated attributable profit of US$37.3m, up from $17.2m in the year ago period.
Sales climbed 5% on a like-for-like basis to $1.7bn, with both the industrial and craft divisions showing growth.
CEO Paul Forman said the results illustrate the "underlying resilience" of its core markets and the company's strong global market positions.
"We have continued to generate a good level of free cash flow and growth in returns on capital.
"Furthermore we have increasingly robust foundations for future growth through accelerating product innovation, exciting new service offerings and greater capability in key areas like consumer crafts marketing and market leading digital propositions."
Investment group Guinness Peat bought Coats Plc in a GBG414m takeover bid in 2003, and is moving towards a relaunch of the unit on the London stock market.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015