Coats launches “innovative” reflective thread
The new thread has a high level of retro-reflectance
Industrial thread, yarn and zip specialist Coats Plc has launched a new "innovative" reflective thread, designed primarily for fashion applications.
Coats Signal premium thread has a high level of retro-reflectance when illuminated in dark or low visibility conditions, and can be used to create reflective features in logos, stitching patterns and seams.
While it is mainly decorative, when sewn on outdoor and active wear, it also helps enhance visibility at night time or in difficult weather conditions, Coats says.
The thread has a special lubricated finish to protect it from needle heat and ensure smooth sewing so it retains its reflectivity after the intense sewing process, offering "excellent" strength and durability.
"At Coats, we understand the production challenges apparel manufacturers can face when using innovative new types of thread," said Rajiv Sharma, global CEO of Coats Industrial. "Using that knowledge we have created a unique thread which can withstand the rigours of the sewing process and still retain its reflective functionality in the end product."
Coats will showcase the new thread at the Texprocess international fair for the processing of textile and other apparel materials in Frankfurt, Germany, this month.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020