UK: Coats Sells Clothing Division For £12m
Coats Viyella's contract clothing division has been sold to a management buy-out team. The value of the buy-out, which was completed yesterday (December 5) has been put at £12m in cash. Some £17m of assets will be retained by Coats Viyella for disposal. The buy-out team was led by Mike Shotton, managing director of the underwear business, and Richard Tonge, managing director of the hosiery business. The new company, which is expected to be based in the East Midlands, has initially taken an off-the-shelf name - Marplace - but it is expected that a new name will be announced in due course.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar