UK: Coats Sells Clothing Division For £12m
Coats Viyella's contract clothing division has been sold to a management buy-out team. The value of the buy-out, which was completed yesterday (December 5) has been put at £12m in cash. Some £17m of assets will be retained by Coats Viyella for disposal. The buy-out team was led by Mike Shotton, managing director of the underwear business, and Richard Tonge, managing director of the hosiery business. The new company, which is expected to be based in the East Midlands, has initially taken an off-the-shelf name - Marplace - but it is expected that a new name will be announced in due course.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – TJX Companies, Wolverine
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar