UK: Coats Sells Jaeger, Viyella Fashion Brands
Thread manufacturer Coats Plc on Thursday announced it has sold its loss-making Jaeger and Viyella fashion brands to entrepreneur Richard Thompson for a nominal sum. The company said it expects to book an exceptional charge of £38 million in fiscal 2003 for the disposal of the brands and 250 stores which were put up for sale last September as the firm looks to focus on its core threads business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores