NORTHERN IRELAND: Coats Viyella Closes, 185 Jobs Go
Up to 185 workers at a County Antrim textiles company are to lose their jobs after the firm announced it was to close due to a lack of orders and competition from cheap imports. Coats Viyella, which has been a major employer in Randalstown for over 100 years, today confirmed it will close its old Bleach Works despite a management bid to save the plant with a buy-out plan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth