UK: Coats Viyella Hedges On Management Buyout Rumours
Coats Viyella today refused to confirm reports the sale of its contract clothing business "would be completed next week" and a management buyout was "an option". One press report said that an undisclosed bidder was in "exclusive negotiations" and Mike Hartley, chief executive of the company's Viyella division, had been linked with the bid. But Kazia Kantor from Coats Viyella said: "We are talking to a number of interested parties. As and when one emerges as a winner, we will make an announcement." A spokesman from Coats Viyella's PR company declined to comment further, saying Mr Hartley was out of the country. Sources say that Coats Viyella is under pressure to make the sale quickly because Marks and Spencer is set to award contracts for its Autumn/Winter 2001 range in the next few weeks. Last week it was revealed that Hong Kong trading company, Li & Fung, had withdrawn from talks to buy the clothing manufacturing business. Coats Viyella announced in September that it was pulling out of the contract clothing, home furnishings and branded clothing businesses to concentrate on its global threads business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar