US: Cochran named as new Delta Apparel COO
Steven Cochran has been named as the new president and COO of Delta Apparel, with Robert Humphreys continuing as the company’s chairman and CEO.
Cochran, who takes up the appointment with immediate effect, joined Delta in 2010 from VF Corporation, where he was president of the Image Apparel division, and started his career with Cintas Corporation.
Humphreys said of Cochran: “Since joining Delta Apparel as president of Delta Activewear, he has proven that he has the vision, experience and dedication to undertake the operations leadership role of the company.
“We are proud of what the company has accomplished through its steadfast commitment to our customers and our shareholders, and we are exciting having Steve take on a larger role in leading the future growth opportunities for Delta Apparel.”
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
The Indian apparel industry has made progress with backward integration over the last five years, but needs to reorganise to play to its strengths, a conference was told last week. And if India does i...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina....
Hong Kong based Crystal Group, one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, is continuing to make progress towards more sustainable manufacturing after assessing the environmental performance of its s...
Turkmenistan's growing textile sector may in future provide opportunities for foreign investment through the privatisation of state-owned manufacturing units, a spokesman from the European Bank for Re...
VF Corp has said Scott Baxter will assume responsibility for the company's Latin American division as part of the group's efforts to accelerate growth in the region. ...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals