US: Cochran named as new Delta Apparel COO
Steven Cochran has been named as the new president and COO of Delta Apparel, with Robert Humphreys continuing as the company’s chairman and CEO.
Cochran, who takes up the appointment with immediate effect, joined Delta in 2010 from VF Corporation, where he was president of the Image Apparel division, and started his career with Cintas Corporation.
Humphreys said of Cochran: “Since joining Delta Apparel as president of Delta Activewear, he has proven that he has the vision, experience and dedication to undertake the operations leadership role of the company.
“We are proud of what the company has accomplished through its steadfast commitment to our customers and our shareholders, and we are exciting having Steve take on a larger role in leading the future growth opportunities for Delta Apparel.”
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
The Indian apparel industry has made progress with backward integration over the last five years, but needs to reorganise to play to its strengths, a conference was told last week. And if India does i...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina....
Hong Kong based Crystal Group, one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, is continuing to make progress towards more sustainable manufacturing after assessing the environmental performance of its s...
Turkmenistan's growing textile sector may in future provide opportunities for foreign investment through the privatisation of state-owned manufacturing units, a spokesman from the European Bank for Re...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead