US: Cohen takes on wholesale job at Coach
Accessories specialist Coach Inc has appointed Andre Cohen as the company's new senior vice president, international wholesale, in an effort to develop its export business.
Cohen, who joins the company in February 2008 from Timberland, will have shared responsibility for shaping Coach's international strategy and managing key international distribution accounts and business partners.
Reporting to Coach International president Ian Bickley and partnering with Coach Greater China president Thibault Villet, he will also have a particular focus on travel retail and key markets outside Japan.
"We are extremely pleased that Andre will be joining our international management team, bringing his impressive global sales and general management experience with other premium brands to Coach," said Bickley.
"He is an accomplished international business executive with great insights into worldwide growth strategies."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Australia's farming industry is hoping that a new scheme to declare the origin of every bale of wool sold from July will help end a long-running feud with animal rights activists that has led several ...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
US luxury brand Coach Inc is positioning itself for significant growth in China by taking control of its distribution in the region....
First quarter profit at apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation has fallen 11.7% as higher sales were offset by the cost of starting up new businesses....
The Timberland Company has nearly doubled its first-quarter profit, despite lower sales of its boots and apparel in North America....
The share price of UK luxury goods firm Burberry temporarily spiralled yesterday (30 April), up 4.6% to 483.75 pence, following reports it was an acquisition target for Coach Inc....
Over 1,000 footwear workers yesterday (23 April) went on strike to protest at long working hours and poor working conditions....
Accessories retailer Coach today (22 April) posted a 10% rise in third quarter profits, despite the weakening retail environment in the US....
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022