JAPAN: Cold weather sparks Uniqlo November sales surge
Persistent cold weather brought record-breaking sales at Uniqlo's stores in Japan in November, surging nearly 36% on last year's figures, the company said.
Uniqlo Japan's same-store sales were up 32.2% year-on-year, the company said, while total retail sales rose 35.8%.
Total revenues, also including direct sales, increased 35.4%. Uniqlo Japan said the continued cold weather had encouraged purchases of winter clothing, including Heattech garments, down jackets and fleeces.
November's sales had broken the company's record for its highest ever monthly revenues, it added.
Apparel retailer J Crew Group saw first quarter profits fall 36% to US$20.4m, but said it was "relatively pleased" with the company's performance....
Specialist apparel retailer The Wet Seal hailed early signs of a turnaround in its Arden B chain, despite posting a 44% decline in first quarter profits....
Teen fashion and women's wear retailer Delia's Inc has narrowed its first quarter loss, helped by double digit sales growth and better margins....
Stripping out the effect of one-time charges on its results, footwear and hat retailer Genesco Inc posted a first quarter profit, it said Thursday (28 May), helped by strong sales at its Journeys and ...
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc has managed to increase first quarter sales as bargains and warm weather brought customers its stores, but lower margins meant profit fell 14.6%....
Higher margins and lower expenses have helped fashion retailer Chico's FAS Inc to a 14.2% rise in first quarter profit....
Branded footwear retailer DSW Inc has seen its first quarter profit fall 31% on lower sales at its stores....
Footwear retailer and wholesaler Brown Shoe Company Inc plans to scale back the number of Famous Footwear stores it opens this year after swinging to a first quarter loss....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Cambodia garment workers campaign for higher wages
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Child labour products still entering US from China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020