JAPAN: Cold weather sparks Uniqlo November sales surge
Persistent cold weather brought record-breaking sales at Uniqlo's stores in Japan in November, surging nearly 36% on last year's figures, the company said.
Uniqlo Japan's same-store sales were up 32.2% year-on-year, the company said, while total retail sales rose 35.8%.
Total revenues, also including direct sales, increased 35.4%. Uniqlo Japan said the continued cold weather had encouraged purchases of winter clothing, including Heattech garments, down jackets and fleeces.
November's sales had broken the company's record for its highest ever monthly revenues, it added.
Apparel retailer J Crew Group saw first quarter profits fall 36% to US$20.4m, but said it was "relatively pleased" with the company's performance....
Specialist apparel retailer The Wet Seal hailed early signs of a turnaround in its Arden B chain, despite posting a 44% decline in first quarter profits....
Teen fashion and women's wear retailer Delia's Inc has narrowed its first quarter loss, helped by double digit sales growth and better margins....
Stripping out the effect of one-time charges on its results, footwear and hat retailer Genesco Inc posted a first quarter profit, it said Thursday (28 May), helped by strong sales at its Journeys and ...
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc has managed to increase first quarter sales as bargains and warm weather brought customers its stores, but lower margins meant profit fell 14.6%....
Higher margins and lower expenses have helped fashion retailer Chico's FAS Inc to a 14.2% rise in first quarter profit....
Branded footwear retailer DSW Inc has seen its first quarter profit fall 31% on lower sales at its stores....
Footwear retailer and wholesaler Brown Shoe Company Inc plans to scale back the number of Famous Footwear stores it opens this year after swinging to a first quarter loss....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy