US: Coldwater Creek co-founder retires from CEO post
Dennis Pence, co-founder, chairman of the board and CEO of women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek will retire at the end of this month.
Pence will retain his role as chairman of the board, the company said.
Following the announcement, the Coldwater board appointed the company's president and chief operating officer, Daniel Griesemer, to the position of president and CEO. Griesemer will also serve on the company's board.
Pence added: "I have had the extraordinary privilege to co-found and lead Coldwater Creek for 23 years, and I leave with complete confidence in our company's future.
"I am very pleased with the company's position in the women's specialty apparel sector, and with its potential for future growth."
Griesemer joined Coldwater in October 2001, and was promoted in March 2007 to president and chief operating officer.
He has been responsible for the company's sales, marketing and national retail store expansion, as well as all distribution centre and customer contact centre operations.
Women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek said net loss for the year was $2.5m, compared with net income of $55.4m in 2006, saying it would look to reduce advertising and catalogue spend next term....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack