US: Coldwater Creek selects Oracle to improve store performance
Women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek has implemented Oracle Retail planning and optimisation applications to help reduce aged inventory and increase sales of full-priced goods.
The Oracle Retail solutions will help Coldwater Creek create pre-season and in-season plans to make sure the right styles and colours are available for customers in store, online and in catalogues.
It is also using Oracle solutions to budget and forecast demand more accurately, helping it to make better buying decisions, and react quickly to how well an item is selling by purchasing more or using promotionals to clear inventory faster.
"The new planning process underpins one of our strategic business objectives for this year, which is to optimise the effectiveness of our inventory investments without diminishing our ability to meet customer demand, across all channels," said Deanna Emsley, senior vice president of inventory planning and corporate strategy at Coldwater Creek.
A double-digit sales decline and falling margins sent retailer Coldwater Creek to a deeper loss in the third quarter, the company said....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek has initiated a restructuring programme that involves slimming its workforce expense by 20%....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek is exploring a range of strategic alternatives after issuing a profit warning over third quarter trading....
Management consulting firm Kurt Salmon has hired Deanna Emsley as a partner in its retail and consumer products group....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis