US: Coldwater Creek selects Oracle to improve store performance
Women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek has implemented Oracle Retail planning and optimisation applications to help reduce aged inventory and increase sales of full-priced goods.
The Oracle Retail solutions will help Coldwater Creek create pre-season and in-season plans to make sure the right styles and colours are available for customers in store, online and in catalogues.
It is also using Oracle solutions to budget and forecast demand more accurately, helping it to make better buying decisions, and react quickly to how well an item is selling by purchasing more or using promotionals to clear inventory faster.
"The new planning process underpins one of our strategic business objectives for this year, which is to optimise the effectiveness of our inventory investments without diminishing our ability to meet customer demand, across all channels," said Deanna Emsley, senior vice president of inventory planning and corporate strategy at Coldwater Creek.
A double-digit sales decline and falling margins sent retailer Coldwater Creek to a deeper loss in the third quarter, the company said....
"Coldwater Creek Inc. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key f...
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek has initiated a restructuring programme that involves slimming its workforce expense by 20%....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek is exploring a range of strategic alternatives after issuing a profit warning over third quarter trading....
Management consulting firm Kurt Salmon has hired Deanna Emsley as a partner in its retail and consumer products group....
Sears Holdings-owned apparel company Lands' End has appointed Michele Donnan-Martin as chief merchandising design officer and executive vice president....
Michele Donnan-Martin has stepped down as senior vice president and general merchandise manager at US women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy