US: Coldwater Creek selects Oracle to improve store performance
Women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek has implemented Oracle Retail planning and optimisation applications to help reduce aged inventory and increase sales of full-priced goods.
The Oracle Retail solutions will help Coldwater Creek create pre-season and in-season plans to make sure the right styles and colours are available for customers in store, online and in catalogues.
It is also using Oracle solutions to budget and forecast demand more accurately, helping it to make better buying decisions, and react quickly to how well an item is selling by purchasing more or using promotionals to clear inventory faster.
"The new planning process underpins one of our strategic business objectives for this year, which is to optimise the effectiveness of our inventory investments without diminishing our ability to meet customer demand, across all channels," said Deanna Emsley, senior vice president of inventory planning and corporate strategy at Coldwater Creek.
A double-digit sales decline and falling margins sent retailer Coldwater Creek to a deeper loss in the third quarter, the company said....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek has initiated a restructuring programme that involves slimming its workforce expense by 20%....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek is exploring a range of strategic alternatives after issuing a profit warning over third quarter trading....
Management consulting firm Kurt Salmon has hired Deanna Emsley as a partner in its retail and consumer products group....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief - Sears, Abercrombie & Fitch
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production