US: Coldwater Creek selects Oracle to improve store performance
Women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek has implemented Oracle Retail planning and optimisation applications to help reduce aged inventory and increase sales of full-priced goods.
The Oracle Retail solutions will help Coldwater Creek create pre-season and in-season plans to make sure the right styles and colours are available for customers in store, online and in catalogues.
It is also using Oracle solutions to budget and forecast demand more accurately, helping it to make better buying decisions, and react quickly to how well an item is selling by purchasing more or using promotionals to clear inventory faster.
"The new planning process underpins one of our strategic business objectives for this year, which is to optimise the effectiveness of our inventory investments without diminishing our ability to meet customer demand, across all channels," said Deanna Emsley, senior vice president of inventory planning and corporate strategy at Coldwater Creek.
A double-digit sales decline and falling margins sent retailer Coldwater Creek to a deeper loss in the third quarter, the company said....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek has initiated a restructuring programme that involves slimming its workforce expense by 20%....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek is exploring a range of strategic alternatives after issuing a profit warning over third quarter trading....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead