US: Coldwater Creek selects Oracle to improve store performance
Women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek has implemented Oracle Retail planning and optimisation applications to help reduce aged inventory and increase sales of full-priced goods.
The Oracle Retail solutions will help Coldwater Creek create pre-season and in-season plans to make sure the right styles and colours are available for customers in store, online and in catalogues.
It is also using Oracle solutions to budget and forecast demand more accurately, helping it to make better buying decisions, and react quickly to how well an item is selling by purchasing more or using promotionals to clear inventory faster.
"The new planning process underpins one of our strategic business objectives for this year, which is to optimise the effectiveness of our inventory investments without diminishing our ability to meet customer demand, across all channels," said Deanna Emsley, senior vice president of inventory planning and corporate strategy at Coldwater Creek.
A double-digit sales decline and falling margins sent retailer Coldwater Creek to a deeper loss in the third quarter, the company said....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek has initiated a restructuring programme that involves slimming its workforce expense by 20%....
Struggling women's apparel retailer Coldwater Creek is exploring a range of strategic alternatives after issuing a profit warning over third quarter trading....
Management consulting firm Kurt Salmon has hired Deanna Emsley as a partner in its retail and consumer products group....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015