US: Coldwater Creek silent on bankruptcy reports
US retailer Coldwater Creek has remained silent on reports it could file for bankruptcy within a week amid declining sales and deeper losses.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal this week that attempts by the firm to avoid a bankruptcy by refinancing debt or selling itself to a private-equity buyer have been unsuccessful.
In its third-quarter in December, the company recorded a double-digit sales decline, falling margins and a wider net loss. Months earlier it had initiated a restructuring programme, slimming its workforce expense by 20%.
Coldwater Creek did not return a request for comment.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details