US: Coldwater Creek silent on bankruptcy reports
US retailer Coldwater Creek has remained silent on reports it could file for bankruptcy within a week amid declining sales and deeper losses.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal this week that attempts by the firm to avoid a bankruptcy by refinancing debt or selling itself to a private-equity buyer have been unsuccessful.
In its third-quarter in December, the company recorded a double-digit sales decline, falling margins and a wider net loss. Months earlier it had initiated a restructuring programme, slimming its workforce expense by 20%.
Coldwater Creek did not return a request for comment.
"Coldwater Creek Inc. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key f...
Private equity firm Sycamore Partners has indicated it is interested in purchasing troubled US apparel retailer Express Inc....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report