US: Coldwater Creek silent on bankruptcy reports
US retailer Coldwater Creek has remained silent on reports it could file for bankruptcy within a week amid declining sales and deeper losses.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal this week that attempts by the firm to avoid a bankruptcy by refinancing debt or selling itself to a private-equity buyer have been unsuccessful.
In its third-quarter in December, the company recorded a double-digit sales decline, falling margins and a wider net loss. Months earlier it had initiated a restructuring programme, slimming its workforce expense by 20%.
Coldwater Creek did not return a request for comment.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019