Cole Haan launches Made in Maine shoe collection
The 'Made in Maine, USA' shoes are crafted by hand
American footwear and accessories brand Cole Haan is launching a limited-edition shoe collection completely made in the US state of Maine.
The 'Made in Maine, USA' collection blends "quality American craftsmanship with timeless designs," says the company says, which used a factory in Lewiston to make the shoes.
Each one takes five craftsmen to produce, and it can take up to 30 hours to make an individual pair of shoes, ending with overnight drying to ensure shape and structure.
Production steps include authentically rubbing dyes directly into the grain of the leather, along with traditional hand-stitching, while a multi-step burnishing process is used to ensure colours deliver a level of quality that can't be replicated elsewhere.
"The end result is a meticulously constructed and elegantly designed product that, if properly cared for, will last a lifetime," Cole Haan says.
"Creating a shoe that will last a lifetime is an exceedingly personal, painstakingly accurate process from start to finish and is the very definition of American craftsmanship," explains David Maddocks, chief marketing officer and general manager of business development.
The Made in Maine, USA Collection is available in five styles for men, and one for women, with prices starting at $325.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective