AUSTRALIA: Coles Myer In Urgent Supply Chain Talks - Report
Australian retail giant Coles Myer is trying to renegotiate parts of its clothing supply deal with the Federated Merchandising Group to prevent a repeat of the sales slide and resulting discounting that hit Myer Grace Bros from April, it was reported on Friday.The Australian Financial Review said Coles is believed to be substantially changing the volumes, product mix and styles Myer Grace has sourced under the contract with US-based FMG – owner of Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – following the initial poor performance of the brands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores