AUSTRALIA: Coles Myer Posts Surge In Sales
Retail giant Coles Myer Ltd on Wednesday forecast a 20 per cent climb in full-year net profit boosted by an 8.4 per cent increase in second half sales to A$13.27 billion (US$6.78bn). In a statement the retailer said total sales for the second quarter increased by 9.7 per cent to A$7.331bn and that general merchandise and apparel group sales jumped 4.9 per cent in the half to A$5.13bn and 6.9 per cent to A$3bn in the second quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Brands urged to empower women in sub-Sahara Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective