AUSTRALIA: Coles Myer Posts Surge In Sales
Retail giant Coles Myer Ltd on Wednesday forecast a 20 per cent climb in full-year net profit boosted by an 8.4 per cent increase in second half sales to A$13.27 billion (US$6.78bn). In a statement the retailer said total sales for the second quarter increased by 9.7 per cent to A$7.331bn and that general merchandise and apparel group sales jumped 4.9 per cent in the half to A$5.13bn and 6.9 per cent to A$3bn in the second quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack